I've been writing about ways you can shift into an awesome relationship with money because I'm ready to watch soul-centered women thrive. I believe your deep fulfillment is medicine for the planet.
You can start from where you are right now. It doesn’t require any money to change your beliefs and patterns. Valuing yourself more is an inside job and there's no downside to taking 100% responsibility for your life and the way you live it.
You + your TIME are valuable. Start treating your time as precious currency, and watch the huge shifts that arise in your life as a result.
Here are a five tips for valuing yourself and your time more. These tips, while some are more direct than others, will translate into more fulfillment + cash flow.
1. Say NO to the things that don’t excite you and don't turn you on. Say NO to obligations and invitations that don’t feel aligned. Say NO even when it makes you and the other person uncomfortable, and when it might disappoint the other person involved. You don’t need the other people to like you, when you deeply love yourself.
2. Raise your rates. How much is your time worth to you? Get over the fear of what your clients or customers will think. If you’re not in a position to raise your own rates, negotiate a raise or that ideal schedule that you’ve been envisioning. It’s interesting to note that men will much more readily negotiate a raise, while women will wait until they’re ‘perfect’ or know as much as possible. You’re enough right now, go get it.
3. Be discerning about the company you keep. Don’t spend time with people who bring you into poverty consciousness. If you have friends that complain about money, try to steer the conversation into positive money talk. If you can’t do this easily, it’s time to reevaluate who you spend time with. (I know this sounds bitchy — but it’s so healing).
Intend to be surrounded by conscious people who love money — people who are changing the planet, by changing themselves. If you don’t know any of those people personally, it’s time to set an intention to connect with them, and make the necessary space to do so. While I’m not suggesting you end long standing relationships, if they serve you, I am suggesting that you become more discerning about who you spend your time and energy with.
4. Up your Self-care game. If you’re the woman who puts herself last, and takes care of everyone else first, this is for you. It’s time for you to have that monthly massage, no exceptions. Or maybe you’d like to have a bi-weekly massage, instead? Who wouldn’t? Go for acupuncture. Put your exercise into the calendar. Buy the best quality food. Commit to it. Go hiking solo. Even if it doesn't feel possible to up your self-care game, make a plan to do so. “When you commit, God delivers.” The Universe will align to your decisions and is waiting on you to make those decisions for yourself now.
5. Forgive Yourself + Others. At the end of each day, forgive yourself for what you did or didn’t do ‘right’. Take a shower and wash it all down the drain. You are a child of God, no less and no more than any other Soul on this planet. You are worthy, just as each and every person is worthy, of total love, harmony, abundance, and bliss. It’s your birthright to feel deeply fulfilled and adored. Treat yourself with this kind of respect, all day, every day.
Let Me Know in the Comments Below: Is it hard for you to put yourself first? Is it hard for you to say NO to things that don't excite you? What are your biggest challenges with money right now, and how have you been working through them?